The easiest option is to file with companies that can handle filings for as little as $0 plus government filing fees.
|Northwest Registered Agent||Visit the Northwest|
One of the first steps when starting atexan businessone is going to be donetexan businessLook for.HeTexas Comptrollerof Public Accounts keeps records ofTexas business unitsthat exist or have been dissolved.The database is free to use and makes it easy to search for existing businesses or see if aCompany Namemay be available.
How to Search for Business Names in Texas
HeTexas Comptroller research toolit's easy to navigate with the followingSearch business unitsOptions:
- Tax ID
- entity name
- file number
Look forTax IDintroduce theTax IDassociated with the company and select "Search".
Heentity name lookupThe option generates results for all registered companies that match the entered keyword.
The results page collapsesCompany Namevon:
- See details
- taxpayerIdentification number
The "Show Details" option provides additional details about theCompany Nameincome:
- Shipping Address
- Enable/disable state
- effective date
- registered agentName
- Address of registered office
state of business
If there is a...Company Namethat is of interest to you in the search results, check if the name has an inactive status and call themTexas ComptrollerOffice directly by email[Email protected]Texas.gov.or call them at 1-800-252-1386.
An example would be if a company wants to open a BBQ restaurant called BBQ Express. This name is registered in the database, but the business status shows that the company has expired due to lack of reporting and payment.
One thing to remember is that although this is desirableCompany Nameit might be available, it might be trademarked.
Carrying out a trademark search by theElectronic trademark search systembefore choosing aCompany Nameit could prevent headaches in the future.
1. Check if the domain name is available
- Many of the .com domain names with six letters or less are already in use, so it may require some creativity. websites likeNamechkYThe Popescan help filteravailable domain namesand suggest alternatives that might be a good fit.
- While a .com is the most common domain ending used, endings like .co, .net, and .io are becoming more common as the internet ages and may be a good option for once.Company Nameis selected.
2. Check if the social network name is available
In the digital age, a strong social media presence is essential. Customers often visit sites like Yelp and Google Reviews to see what others think of a business. Some Other Social Media Tips for TexasBusiness Unit:
- A strong social media presence for small businesses is a great way to increase an organic web presence, impress customers, and build awareness.
- Unfortunately, just like domain names, social media names often add up. Be sure to check sites like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest to make sure the identifier isn't being used.
- If the identifier is available, block the username to make sure it's not in use.
- Software platforms likeSocialPilotcan help simplify the management of various social media platforms.
3. Register a Texas Business Entity
business licensescan be submitted online to the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing.
Another possibility is with companies likeNorthwest Registered Agent,Incfile,oZenBusiness, who can take over filings for as little as $0 plus stateregistration fees.
For more step-by-step instructions on filing your LLC, click here.Texas LLC Guide.
4. File the TAX ID/EIN with the IRS
AAis a nine-digit number that identifies a company for tax purposes. Think of it like a corporate social security number. Submitting your EIN for alimited liability company(LLC) is simple and can be done online. Texas corporations can register for aTax IDfor$79 with Swyft logins.
5. Create a logo
Similar to selecting a merchandiseCompany NameBusinesses with a great logo impress customers, help differentiate them from the competition, and create a positive visual reminder of their unique business services to customers.
With the advent of independent markets, creating a logo is easy.cincoin 24 hours or less.
6. Write a business plan
Writing a business plan can help organize business owners' ideas and provide a path forward for businesses. A professionally written business plan also impresses investors and contributes to accountability.
Liveplan.comis a business plan software that can simplify the process as it has over 500 sample plans to choose from.
Partnering companies should consider a professional operating agreement.
7. Open a business bank account
A business bank account is necessary for businesses as it helps separate business and personal finances. It also helps build the credibility of the business in case business loans are needed to grow the business in the future.
Businesses must have a business mailing address to open a business account and cannot use itpost office boxas the primary mailing address.
LiliYnuevoThey are online banks that specialize in working with freelancers and entrepreneurs.
We recommend New
Designed for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers.
TO SEE HOW
8. Set up an email account
G Suite de Googlecan help set up an @yourcompany email address for as little as $6 a month.
Plan to run your business well
Google Workspace helps with email addresses, team collaboration, productivity, and more.
9. Register a trademark
One of the easiest ways to file a trademark is throughright zoom. You have the option of filing the application yourself or paying an additional fee to have an attorney handle the filings.
Texas Business Structure Naming Considerations
By selecting aTexas company name, it is important to understand the different naming requirements for each of the different types of entities.
sole proprietorships and partnerships
InTexas,one man businessYou do not have to file an application with the Secretary of State to begin business operations. Sole proprietorships usually operate under the name of a single person, so there is no need to:Search by company namein most situations.
Like sole proprietorships, partnerships are relatively easy to file and generally include the last names of all partners (for example: Smith, Jones, and Lasalle).
LLCs are separate legal entities that separate business interests, debts, and owner responsibilities from personal responsibilities. LLC names must be filed in Texasforeign ministerand it must be unique.
A few reminders when naming an LLC:
- Texas Trade Namesmust contain the words "LLC, L.L.C." or the phrase "limited liability company. “LLC” is most commonly used after aCompany Name, so we recommend using itabbreviationto sendTexasorganization items.
- ALLC-Namemust not contain the terms Inc., Corporation, Corp or IncorporatedLLC-Name.
- The state cannot approve aTexas company nameif it is not clearly distinguishable from the other stores.
Look for, like LLCs, are separate legal entities that must be filed withTexasbusiness division. Companies are quite complex and are often used by large corporations looking to issue shares and attract investors.
Company name considerations:
- texan companyDebe contener "corp", "corporation", "Inc", "limited" o "company".Company Nameto indicate that it is a corporation.
- S corporations follow the same naming rules as traditional corporations.
- Professional corporations must indicate that they are such by using "Professional Corporation" using the letters "PC" instead of the typical corporate designation.
Texas name reservation
If there is a...Texas company nameof interest but you are not ready to start the business yet, there is an option to book thatCompany Namefor 120 days. The 120-day period may be extended if more time is needed.name reservationscan be submitted throughSOS Directsite for $40.
HeTexas Secretary of Stateprocesses new company registrations through the following website:www.sos.state.tx.us. HeWebsite of the Secretary of Stateoffers a variety of business forms and filing instructions.
Non-profit organizationsare most commonly presented to theforeign ministerbut not allnonprofitdecides to record. Hedirect SOSsite offersstep by step instructionsHeNon-profit organizationsmust go on.
Adatabase administrator(do business as) or the trade name is fictitiousCompany Namethat companies do business outside the formal frameworkLLC-Name.
Here are some benefits ofdatabase administrators:
- expansion options: a... havedatabase administratorallows companies to expand beyond their original business without starting a new oneBusiness Unit. just create a new onedatabase administratorand operating under the existing LLC is all that would be required.
- privacy: One of the best advantages of adatabase administratoris that it gives companies the opportunity to operate under a fictitious backgroundCompany Nameand not publicly reveal the names of the owners.
The auditor.TexasThe .gov site does an excellent job of covering a variety offrequent questionsthat could help answer questionsbusiness organization.
TexasThe articles of incorporation state that a company shall continuallyregistered agentand a seat in the sense of aregistered agentLegal requirements.
One of the main advantages of using a third partyregistered agentThe service business is that it adds a layer of privacy between the business and the general population. Heregistered agentYou receive all documents on behalf of a company and can send them to them privately.We recommendNorthwest Registered Agent.